As a newer ASHI Certified Inspector, I commonly receive questions pertaining to starting up a home inspection business. I’m happy to help, but I encourage you to FIRST ask yourself these questions:
- Are you willing to climb onto a 2nd story roof?
- Are you willing to crawl into a dirty, dark crawl space under a 100+ year old house?
- Are you willing to accept risk and liability as a business owner?
- Are you motivated to manage a business, not just perform inspections?
- Are you comfortbale marketing and selling your services?
- Are you willing to continuously educate yourself to remain current and credible?
These are surely but a handful of the questions you must ask yourself before you invest your money into a start-up business venture. I hope the answer to the above is “YES” and I wish you good luck in your endeavors!